Keeping memories accessible...
3 reasons to save memories with Audivi:
Audivi’s offers a way for families to pass down the rich, non-financial aspects of legacy and to ensure that family stories, memories & words of wisdom are kept accessible for generations to come. With Audivi’s on-line storage, everything is kept accessible to family, wherever they are.
Audivi showcases memories in a multi-media platform that enables caregivers & others to know (and more easily remember) information about a person. Listening to memories together can build connections & friendships, bridge cultural divides & improve care.
Audivi keeps memories accessible for individuals experiencing memory loss – just as eyeglasses and hearing aids provide support during loss. Audivi’s immersive platform reinforces memories, allows individuals to re-experience the emotions, & offers a comforting touchstone to the past.
Audivi’s mission is to capture a person’s memories and keep them accessible. For them. For their families. For their community. For their caregivers. For the next generation.
What our clients are saying:
Why capture memories with Audivi?
To save a loved one's voice forever
Don’t underestimate the value of being able to listen to a loved one’s voice, again and again – forever! Research shows that when we hear the voice of someone we love, the physiological effect is similar to what we’d experience if we actually touched or hugged them. With an Audivi portrait, children can hear their parent’s voice forever; or parents can hear their children’s voice every day.
To preserve a trip down memory lane
Research shows that reminiscing about life has many beneficial outcomes: improving cognitive functioning, lowering rates of depressions & increasing a person’s sense of pride & accomplishment. An Audivi portrait offers this therapeutic trip down memory lane and a permanent place to revisit & re-experience the beneficial emotions of reminiscing day after day.
To build resilience in your kids & grandkids
Kids and grandkids will benefit from a family’s Audivi portrait. Researchers have found that children who know more about their families are more resilient and better able to moderate the effects of stress in their own lives. Let an Audivi portrait offer a permanent window into the ups and downs of your family’s trajectory.
To create a 'meaningful' legacy
What is your legacy? Society has cultivated many resources & professionals to help individuals develop & transfer their financial legacy but, is that the most important part of a legacy? In one survey, 74% of respondents said that the most important thing to pass on to the next generation was “Values and life lessons”. An Audivi portrait can help with this by capturing your family’s words of wisdom, family stories & life lessons and keeping it accessible for generations to come.
There are two simple steps:
1. Capture the memories
Memories are saved via audio-recording.
Memories are recorded by family, Audivi, a friend/caregiver or oneself. Memories can be captured in a single conversation or over time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
2. Select the images
Families/individuals choose images to pair with the memories.
Images can be used to trigger memories or collected afterwards.
Images can be directly related to a memory, to the person telling the memory, or to the general time of the memory.
Pricing is based on whether Audivi captures memories or families capture memories:
DIYCapture memories yourself, 5 at a time
- Audivi provides instructions for individuals to collect memories on a smartphone & upload audio/photos to Audivi
- DIY pricing begins with 5 memories & photos. Additional memories can be added: $40 per 5 memories.
- Recordings can be uploaded individually or as single file
- Audivi edits audio files into individual vignettes, pairs them with photos (provided by family) and arranges them into a personalized, professionally designed profile that is hosted and maintained on Audivi's website for easy access at all times. Accessible from anywhere, anytime.
- Password protection available, at no charge
AudiviLet Audivi capture memories in a single interview
- Audivi captures memories of Audivi subject during audiotaped interview, typically lasting one hour.
- Audivi profile typically captures approximately 40 memories & 40 photos. Additional memories can be added.
- Photos can be collected during interview or afterwards
- Audivi edits audio files into individual vignettes, pairs them with photos (provided by family), and arranges them into a personalized, professionally designed profile that is hosted and maintained on Audivi's website for easy access at all times. Accessible from anywhere, anytime.
- Password protection available, at no charge
There were 3 things that inspired me to create Audivi (Latin, for “I heard”).
- First of all, my mother has loads of great stories from across her lifetime. We hear many of them again and again – and can cite some of them verbatim – but I know that won’t always be the case. As her memory fades, so will the stories. I worry that someday they will be gone – for her and for us.
- In addition, I saw my wedding video and was struck by my father’s voice. I realized it was the only place that we had a recording of him speaking. Even though we could hardly see him in the film, it didn’t matter. Hearing his voice transported me back to him.
- Finally, I wondered how best to take care of my mother’s memorabilia: a letter from her father when she was young, a 1947 ticket for passage to Europe, old portraits of her great-great grandparents, and so much more. These items, tucked away in my mother’s desk drawer, are likely to be lost over time and are certainly under-appreciated even now.
These would have been the sole drivers for the business until something unexpected happened: I played the memory profile for my mother (who has short-term memory loss) and, much to my surprise, experiencing the memories gave her great joy. It connected her to her past & to herself, and enabled her to revisit and re-experience her favorite memories again and again. Legacy preservation may be considered a luxury item in today’s society, but memory preservation should be standard of care for individuals losing their memory. Audivi is striving to make this a reality.
Please join Audivi in capturing the memories, photos, & voice of your loved ones. For them. For you. For their caregivers. For the future. The memories are too valuable to lose!
Kristin Nelson, MA, CDP
CEO and Founder